Friday, July 2, 2010

Mounting...huh ..huh. .huh

I need your help. I don't do a lot of traditional art so I don't know how to do some stuff.

I've got this painting on illustration board that I'd like to have on my panel at GenCon. It's not very rigid though so I suppose I need to mount it on foam core. What's the best way to do that?
I suppose I could frame it instead but I think it would be a more expensive option and I'm trying to keep things cheap.

Also, it looks like it won't be long before I have the new website up.

1 comment:

K. Feigenbaum said...

Hey Joe,

Have you thought about putting the illustration and a piece of foam board inside a clear acetate bag? That's how I display all of my artwork at conventions. In this format, people can get right up to the image and handle it without fear of damage. If you need to prop it up on a table, tape an extra piece of foam board to the back with artist's tape to make a makeshift easel.

You can also cut a mat, tape it to foam board backing, tape the image to the foam board backing, and then place a piece of acetate between the artwork and the window of the mat.

I hope this makes sense.

The nice thing about these methods is that they aren't permanent and you don't have to worry about the whole mounting process.