Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More thumbnails

Still fooling around with that one thumbnail I did at Illuxcon. Originally I'd planned on a body being on the ground but I decided that was perhaps a bit dark for a possible print. Then I thought maybe I'd have a woman summoning something that's a dark value out of the ground. Decided I didn't like the lighting situation in that scenario but the cast shadows were a major part of the composition. So here I fooled with a couple of other ideas. One is kind of zoomed out which hurts my ability to do this as an oil painting but it also makes it seem more epic. I'm going to sit on it for a while. The girl on a tree branch thumbnail from Illuxcon is a concept I think I could go ahead and start doing but something feels wrong. Like it's cliche or simply not me.


No comments: