Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First pass

I've been having a perfect storm of computer problems lately. Ended up having to back my entire hard drive up and then restore to factory settings. So I had a while today to do a first rough pass at my huge painting.
Working a little different from normal. Trying not to worry about getting it all done in a pass. So I've left out the characters and trees at the moment. Little worried about going back into the sky once it's dried. I think I'll have to slowly repaint each section with higher finish. Snow is too saturated and blue. Bright parts of sky could be less yellow and underside of clouds could be more purple.Painted most of this with the palette knife. So it's kind of thick. Will probably scrape it down so that it's not too lumpy for the next pass.

No comments: