Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yay!

Here are a couple of pieces I did a while back for some cards for a board game that was shown at Origins.


It's been a pretty hellacious month but I'm done. I've been working 5 days a week and 2 nights a week on some illustration work. Brutal sitting that much and my carpal tunnel started to flare at the end of the stretch. It's not in my style though so I won't be sharing it. I made some BOLD career moves in the past two months and have benefited greatly financially. I've also had the opportunity to hook some people up with work lately and it feels nice to give some people a hand that might be having a harder time. Hopefully one day somebody will do me the same favor.

I'm back to chugging away on the painting. It's great to be able to put in some 8 hr painting sessions. Should be done by the end of next week. I'm going to wait to post it until then to be cruel. :)

Working so big has been interesting. The scale makes it harder to judge proportions I have a feeling I'll be doing some noodling in photoshop when I'm done. Working big has made it easier to remix colors. I don't think I'm really adding more detail than I would in a digital piece but it is SOO much more comfortable to work at that size if I have to do traditional and it's so much nicer to be standing than having to sit for digital.

After that I'll be moving on to a ridiculously ambitious piece.Gobs and gobs of figures everywhere. Some human and some not. Plenty of clothing/drapery. Tricky lighting and tricky setting. I'll either fall fantastically on my face or it'll take my illustration career to the next level. I think I'll be spending more time on that piece than anything prior. Should be done by August 4th and I'll be allowed to show it at GenCon.

Due to a strange series of events I may have a "booth babe" at my GenCon table this year. Kind of hoping I don't but it'll be interesting if I do.

No comments: